RESERVOIR HILL COMMUNITY MEETING
~ JOIN US IN JANUARY ~
Due to the holidays
we are canceling our scheduled
27 December Community Meeting
Enjoy the holidays!
Then join us for the
first Reservoir Hill Community Meeting of 2017
Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 6:30 pm
Beth Am Synagogue, 2501 Eutaw Place
2016 was awash in significant developments
improving life in and around Reservoir Hill.
The January Community Meeting will be a combination of display stations and full group discussions of those initiatives and what is coming up in 2017
- Murals Initiative: RHIC is partnering with Jubilee Arts and the Baltimore Office of Promotion & Tourism for a significant public murals initiative that employs young people.
- Concepts for the redevelopment of 2001 Park Avenue - Morgan State University professors and students have put a lot of thought into concepts for the future of the historic building housing RHIC.
- Plan for strategic investment of Baltimore City resources in Reservoir Hill and Penn North - INSPIRE recommendations will have passed the Planning Commission by this community meeting - For background information, go to: JEH Community Investment Strategy/INSPIRE.
- Funding the West North Avenue Streetscape Conceptual Master Plan - $27.3 million dollars in city, state, and federal funds are being devoted to transforming West North Avenue. For background information, go to: Re-imaging West North Avenue.
- Community Recreation in Reservoir Hill and Penn North - With INSPIRE recommendations adopted work can begin on this new initiative.
- Callow Avenue Revitalization - Our Healthy Neighborhoods and Druid Heights CDC partners will be continuing to redevelop vacant, foreclosed buildings in 2017. For background information, go to: The Callow Avenue Comeback.
- Update on Construction of John Eager Howard School - 21st Century Schools personnel will discuss construction progress. For background information on the initiative in Reservoir Hill go to: 21st Century Buildings.
- The next stage of school redevelopment - What have we learned from the John Eager Howard School Initiative? A summary of the lessons learned funded by Healthy Neighborhoods will be discussed. What is coming for West North Avenue communities and how you can advocate to keep the momentum going.
- Redeveloping the vacant lots on Druid Park Lake Drive - Speak with the developers about concepts for redevelopment on Druid Park Lake Drive
- Residents Against the Tunnel – Local activists join us to update how residents are responding to the planned construction of the BP Tunnel.
It's an exciting time!
See you at the January 2017 community meeting!
Reservoir Hill is a Healthy Neighborhoods community