Greening activities are happening throughout the neighborhood on Saturday, April 25 from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Meet at the Whitelock Community Farm at 8:30, or at one of the locations listed below. Contact Eli at email@example.com to sign up, or for more info! Activities include:
- Planting 15 trees on the 2000 block of Linden Avenue with Blue Water Baltimore. This is being advertised in the Baltimore Green Week Program Guide, and will bring volunteers from around the city.
- An alley cleanup between the 2400-2500 blocks of Brookfield and Lakeview. We are focusing on a large pile of debris that includes rocks, trees, and trash, and will have a bobcat to assist with digging it out. This effort is part of a larger alley makeover project from the Waterfront Partnership, which will soon be addressing additional problem alleys.
- Spreading mulch around the south lot expansion site of the Whitelock Community Farm. The expansion site will allow the farm to double production, and improve its longterm sustainability
- Cleaning up trash along West North Avenue. Katherine Ziombra has arranged for a volunteer group that will be assisting with this effort.
- Clearing of plots within the Lennox Street Community Garden. Rosemary Peternel has shown great leadership in getting the garden in shape for this growing season.
- Additional blocks have signed up to lead their own cleanup efforts, including the 800 block of Brooks Lane.
- On Sunday, April 26, an additional effort is being undertaken to address some of the issues at the German Park Playground, including spreading mulch and repairing benches. That effort is being led by Alan Pressman, with the support of In For and Of, RHIC, and the Lakeside Neighbors Coalition. It will run from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.